AVST Thinks Outside of Conventional UC Box with CX-Series 8.5 and Atom for the Enterprise
FOOTHILL RANCH, Calif., August 6, 2013 – When it comes to communications, enterprises are shifting their outlook and times are changing. Mobility, cloud and context-aware Unified Communications (UC) are some of the catalysts driving these changes. Answering the call by businesses seeking faster, easier and more efficient ways of doing business in today's mobile age, Applied Voice & Speech Technologies, Inc. (AVST) today debuted the next generation of its best-of-breed UC platform - CX-Series 8.5. The new release includes both the enterprise-class CX-E solution and the CX-S solution, which is designed for small-to-medium sized businesses.
A key component of CX-Series 8.5 is AVST's new individual UC productivity tool, AtomTM, which delivers what Dave Michels, President of consulting firm Verge1, calls "A truly significant leap in enterprise communications. Atom picks up where consumer-class services like Siri leave off." Acting as a 24/7 personal assistant, Atom understands the context of any given individual's business situation. Atom learns a user's context - including location - through geo-awareness within the mobile client or by sensing which Wi-Fi network is near, and syncs with a user's calendar and instant messaging presence status. Atom can use this information to optimize call routing. Atom's powerful, multilingual speech interface enables users to safely and efficiently complete tasks, while mobile or stationary, through simple speech commands such as: "Call John Smith," "Get new messages" or "Get my calendar for today."
"CX-Series 8.5 is our most comprehensive UC offering to date, and directly answers the call for greater mobility, faster communications and support for cloud-based applications," said Tom Minifie, Chief Technology Officer for AVST. "Mobility, cloud and context-aware UC are the major communications trends impacting enterprises today, and this release enables our customers to stay at the forefront of these trends."
AVST has packed CX-Series 8.5 with the following new features:
- Multilingual Speech Recognition: Multiple speech recognition languages are now supported to deliver speech-enabled Automated Attendant and Personal Assistant capabilities;
- Federated Presence: Integration with Microsoft® Lync®, Exchange and Office 365™ and Google® Apps to announce to callers a user's availability and expected return time;
- Google Apps: Enhanced support for Google Apps including integration to contacts, calendaring and unified messaging;
- Location-Based Services: The AVST mobile client can send a user's location to the CX server to automate changes in personal availability based on location;
- Mobile System Administration: A new web-based system administration application enables CX system administrators to perform key administrative functions from their mobile phones and tablets;
- Federated Identity: CX Web PhoneManager now supports single sign-on with Microsoft Active Directory®.
CX-Series 8.5 is now available through AVST's established reseller channels worldwide. For more information about AVST's products, please visit the company website at www.avst.com.
With more than 35 years of continuous innovation, Applied Voice & Speech Technologies, Inc. (AVST) is a trusted developer of software-based, enterprise-class Unified Communications (UC) solutions.
Our mission is to design, deliver and support communications solutions that transform the productivity of individual workers, teams and enterprises while leveraging the value of their existing and evolving IT infrastructure.
Thousands of businesses worldwide rely on AVST's advanced voice, mobility, team communications and business process UC solutions to meet their mission-critical communications requirements. The world-class interoperability and flexibility of AVST's UC platform provides a future-proofed bridge to their digital future.
Headquartered in Orange County, California, AVST maintains facilities in Seattle, Washington, Victoria B.C., Canada, the United Kingdom, and has remote sales offices throughout the United States. AVST's UC solutions are sold and supported worldwide by an extensive network of resellers and OEM partners. To learn more about AVST, our products and partners, please visit www.avst.com or you can follow us at Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
AVST Unified Communications - 2 minute movie about AVST: