Exchange Online Unified Messaging
Microsoft announced that on December 1, 2019 they will discontinue support for Session Border Controllers (SBC) to connect third-party PBX systems to Exchange Online Unified Messaging (UM). This news forces many Microsoft customers to seek an alternative Unified Messaging solution for Office 365 that can connect to their existing on-premises PBX.
AVST provides Microsoft customers with a secure and flexible enterprise-class Unified Messaging solution that enables them to continue using their existing PBX investments until they are ready to transition to the cloud and Skype for Business over time.
AVST delivers Unified Messaging to Office 365 while integrating with current and future PBX investments.
- Integrates with all leading PBX/IP-PBX phone systems – Avaya, Cisco, Microsoft and more
- Ability to continue using Exchange UM Outlook forms
- Enables an easy migration path from an on-premises PBX to Skype for Business, Premise or Cloud
- Economically provides an enterprise-class Unified Messaging solution that integrates with on-premises PBXs
Microsoft Gold Communications and Messaging Competencies
AVST is proud to be a member of the Microsoft Partner ecosystem, holding Gold Communications and Messaging Competencies for CX-E. These competencies distinguish AVST as being within the top 1% of the Microsoft Partner ecosystem.
AVST is pleased to offer Microsoft customers an alternative Unified Messaging solution that enables them to continue to enjoy the benefits of Exchange-based UM, regardless of their current or future PBX, with no interruption in service.
The AVST Alternative to Exchange Online UM
News & Analysis
- Microsoft's Technical Blog: Discontinuation of Support (published April 2018)
- Microsoft's Technical Blog: Discontinuation of Support (published July 2017)
- AVST Press Release
- AVST Answers the Call for Microsoft Exchange UM at BC Strategies
- Microsoft Discontinues Third-Party PBX Integration – What It Could Mean For You at UCStrategies
- AVST Offers Help for Organizations Facing Microsoft's Unified Messaging Deadline at Redmond Magazine
- Reflections on the Recent Microsoft Exchange Online UM Announcement on LinkedIn
- AVST Answers the Call for Microsoft Exchange UM at CLP Central
- Microsoft Announces Discontinuation of Support for Session Border Controllers in Exchange Online Unified Messaging at Practical 365
- Press Release on Telecom Reseller
- Discontinuation of Session Border Controllers in O365 and Why You Should Care at Expta Consulting
- Microsoft Discontinues SBC Support for PBX at Supanet
- Microsoft Dropping Support for PBX Connections Using SBCs at Redmond Channel Partner